Please find the expanded code of conduct (In line with NZ Football Guidelines) expected to be adhered to by our members whether they be players, coaches, parents or spectators.
Click here » (0.8Mb PDF)
Players code of Conduct
- Play according to the rules and never argue with the referee or your coach.
- Always train and play to the best of your ability and encourage others to do the same.
- Respect the opposition. Treat other teams as new friends, you’ll be playing them again.
- Look and act like a footballer, that means turning up for training and games on time looking smart and in the right gear.
- The Olympic kit should not be worn outside of practice or games.
- Have fun!
- Remember that children play for fun. Children’s football is a time for them to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills.
- Applaud effort and good play as well as success.
- Lead by example and respect all match officials, players, decisions and coaches.
- Let the coach do their job and not confuse players by telling them what to do.
- Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake. Mistakes are part of learning.
- Encourage the players to respect the opposition and referee.
- Show appreciation for coaches and officials.
- Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
- Remember yelling at children increases adrenaline levels and results in poor decision making.